The Europass Language Passport is part of the European Language Portfolio developed by the Council of Europe. We ask each student applying to PRESHCO to do a language self-evaluation using the Europass Language Passport. To fill out the Passport, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Europass Language Passport
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your native language (mother tongue).
- List Spanish as your "other language").
- For the Self-assessment of Language Skills, click on any of the five boxes listed (Listening, Reading, Spoken Interaction, Spoken production and Writing), and a menu will appear with drop-down selections. Choose the appropriate response and save. The Language Grid can be downloaded separately but is automatically attached to your Language Passport.
- For Certificates and Diplomas, list any special tests you've taken, such as AP Spanish, Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language, or the College Board language exam (CLEP). Otherwise leave blank.
- For Linguistic or Cultural Experience, list any important linguistic and intercultural experiences that you've had for Spanish outside of classroom learning. They may be within your family (as a native speaker), a school-related experience such as study abroad in high school or a summer program, or a special program within college (such as an immersion residence hall). This information should help explain how you reached your current level.
- Click SAVE and then make sure just the Passport is selected. Save as a PDF and email to PRESCHO.
- See a sample Language Passport.